Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Waiting - Advent Day 9 - Week 2

 I officially crashed last night.  So I missed a day!  Blew my streak.  :)  So I present to you, 2 days on 1.

Job 2:9-10

His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!" He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

In all that has happened lately I've learned a very valuable lesson. Trouble does not come from God... but trouble can definitely be used by God. What does it take for trouble to be used (as it was in Job's life)? Since God does nothing in vain we need a new perspective on our "trials." My gut response to trouble is often more like Mrs. Job then Job. It goes something like this... "Why God? Why me?" I'm sure   I'm the only one.... right! So what attitude does it take for trouble to be used by God to fulfill His purpose? It's not "Why God?" It's "What God?" Look for the leading in the trial. And wait for the lesson. It'll come. Granted you may be like Job or Joseph and it may take many years.But I guarantee you if you look for it you will see God's purposes working in even the worst situations.

Father,
Help us wait with the grace that you provide. If we are having problems in the wait, help us to reach out - to You and to others to find the support that will sustain us.
Amen

-Gina


0 comments: