Saturday, December 05, 2020

Hope - Advent - Day 7 - Week 1

It's our last day on hope. It feels like a good time for a refresher in what hope and faith are.  

Revelation 15:3-4

and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed."

Have you ever read the Song of Moses (Ex 15)? I got goose bumps! I think sometimes we do not stop long enough to retell God's working in our lives. What I love the most, is looking back at where God has had me. Exodus is in the beginning of God's story. Revelation is the end. Here in these verses is a recounting of God's faithfulness. Can you remember a time when things seemed hopeless for you? Have you ever been stuck between Pharaoh’s army and the Red Sea? I've been there! Can I tell you all today that God is just as faithful for me as He was for Moses? He is - I've seen it with my own eyes. From the first day of our marriage Al and I faithfully believed for children. Year... after year... after very painful year passed by us. Others got married and had children. Others had 2.. then 3.  We had a miscarriage... several painful fertility treatment cycles... hours of driving... hours of waiting.. shots... tears... a final miscarriage. But no children. 2016 we hit our Red Sea moment. All that He promised was slipping away. Our final pregnancy loss came on our anniversary that year. But God...
December 2016 we went to our first meeting for The Call to foster children in our area. 9 months later we  had the first of four children in our home. It was not the path that I would have chosen. It for sure has some major moments that break us and bring us to our knees.  But God... my children - all of those that have come and left, and come and stayed, and will come and stay were worth the pain and tears.

He is good people. He is faithful. And even if it doesn't look like it, He is still working.

Trust it!

Father
My only prayer tonight is that we would always be faithful to share our Red Sea moments. Help us be aware of what you have brought us through... and share it.
Amen.

0 comments: