Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Hope - Advent - Day 4 - Week 1

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

This seems like a weird place to go for a day on hope.
But stick with me. :)
There are a lot of things here in this life that I am forced to admit... I cannot understand. There are plenty of events that just break my heart because the pain that they bring seems unnecessary and cruel. Hello! to most of 2020. Almost all of this year legit seems God-forsaken and filled with so much pain.
In this passage it talks about seeing life as you would look at a reflection in a mirror... a poor or dim reflection. Ever looked in a mirror in dim light? You can kinda see outlines but really there is no hope at getting a clear picture. That is just the way we live our lives now. We can't hope to see the whole, clear picture until this life is over. So hmm... maybe we should stop trying to figure it out already!!! 

You can stare at that reflection and try to piece together the shadows. You can live in your past desperately trying to pull pieces together and "work all things together for good...here," or you can go live your life with God's directions.

Let me tell you friends.  Peddling hope in this year of Advent 2020, it seems like I keep nailing my own self over and over again.
If you know me even in the slightest, you know how personally devastating this year has been.
I'm realizing tonight, as I sit here typing, that I just an hour ago had my dim mirror out trying to polish it up into a picture that makes sense.

Spoiler Alert - It didn't. It doesn't. It won't. 

Tonight as I am telling you to keep hope, because someday that dim picture will come into focus in His timing... I'm basically yelling it at myself.

I have no "quick fix" solutions for the pain in your heart. But I have this hope: when I do see Him face to face, I will know fully.
Until then, I will live in this moment. I will stop trying to replay and fix the things that are past. I will remember, that some day it will all make sense. But today is not that day.

Prayer for Today
Father
Please help us let go of the dim picture we are clasping onto right now. Help us remember the past days with a hope of understanding, when we see you again. Help us leap into tomorrow with an expectation that days are still ahead where we will laugh and smile. Please help my friends who are currently wrapped in grief to know that they are not alone in their grieving either. You are with them fully yesterday, today, and tomorrow. These days of weeping seem to never end but some day, oh someday they will.
Amen

My friends - put down that picture. It's time to walk on.
-Gina

ps - some of my sweet friends have very, very recently begun their journey of grief. To them I also want to add... grieve! Do not let anyone rob you of the healing grief that you must endure. It is a season that takes as long as it takes. And that is a part of living too.  <3 Here with you always. - Me


0 comments: