Thursday, December 10, 2020

Waiting - Advent - Day 12 - Week 2

Psalm 33:20-22

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

You know, I'm good at waiting. I feel like I've had a lot of experience at it. Many of you are in the same boat. You've been waiting on something for years, decades even. The problem with waiting that can make it so difficult usually centers right in us. 

The Psalmist here said "we wait in hope." 

Sometimes I've been guilty of, well whatever the opposite of that is.  If I trust God, as I say I do, I will wait in hope. I will not figure things out FOR God. I will not wallow in "poor me pity." I will not do the thousand things I think will speed this process up. So what will I do? Let's read together shall we? 

In Him my heart will rejoice... for I trust Him. Oh God may your unfailing love rest upon me as I put my HOPE... in You.

Father,
The simplest of prayers for one of the hardest things to do. Help us to trust you. We believe, help our unbelief.
Amen

Gina

0 comments: