Thursday, December 24, 2020

Advent - Love and Christmas Eve

Lamentations 3:24

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

Christmas this year is unlike any that most of us have faced in our lifetime. We go forward with our celebration knowing that many in our country face this holiday with the still fresh loss of a loved one. Presents and celebrations are great but they will not bring back what we have lost this year. So on this day – Christmas Eve. . . I'd like to focus on what we do have. I love this verse in Lamentations and use it often. Today I'd like to substitute a word. The LORD is my present. The most important gift that any of us can receive is the gift of Jesus Christ. As He came into the world over 2000 years ago, He still comes into hearts and lives today. Make this Christmas special by letting Him into your heart and your family celebrations this year. You'll never regret it. I love you all.

Merry Christmas.


0 comments: