Friday, December 11, 2020

Waiting - Advent Day 13 - Week 2

 Psalm 42:8

The LORD will command His loving-kindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.

As one who has some sleep issues, this Psalm has always been a comfort to me. But I'd like to look at it a little differently tonight.
Daytime and nighttime here can be that physical every 24 hours kind of daytime. But this Psalm is one with layers! Let's read daytime = good times and nighttime = not so great times. So where is God in the nighttime (aka not so good times)? Take a second for this to sink in because I'm going somewhere. His song will be with me in the night. Picture for me, if you will, that you are in a completely black night. It's so black that you can't see in any direction. You don't know where you are or where you are going. But somewhere in the night you hear singing. It's a familiar voice. It's somehow comforting, and familiar. What do you do? Sit in the dark and say? Hey I'm in the dark... this isn't fair. Why am I stuck here in the dark? Won't someone help me? Other people don't have to deal with this dark! My sister got out of the dark years ago! 

Or do you follow the one Voice singing?

The dark may last for a while... but Joy always comes in that morning to come. And you know what the morning always WILL come, always! So if you're in the dark today, listen for that One Voice singing. That is the One who will lead you safely through no matter how long the night lasts.
Psalm 20:7 - Some trust in chariots... but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

I don't know how long your dark has lasted. Please, believe with me that the waiting will not last forever. As we approach the memory of the birth of true HOPE into the world. I beg you to listen hard for that one Voice.

Father,
We trust you here in the waiting. Our world has so much darkness in it. We desperately need Light. Please come and shine that light into the hearts of my friend reading this right now. Surround them with your love. Sing over them a song that will light their night.

-Amen

Gina

0 comments: