Thursday, December 17, 2020

Joy - Advent - Day 19 - Week 3

Colossians 1:10-12

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.

What a good prayer. This one hits home for me especially today. In a normal year, the lead up to Christmas can be stressful. But in a pandemic... woof. Everyone is trying to make the best decisions for their families. Everyone is hoping for better days ahead. And here in the middle, we still find normal life... whatever that is.
When my life gets too crowded sometimes the first thing that seems to get crowded out is my patience and joy. I know all those verses about giving thanks in all things and they just go right out of my head when the dude in front of me is doing 30 in a 45... hypothetically...
Today if you are feeling less than strengthened with God's power I have a suggestion. Stop whatever you are doing. Yeah I know you're busy... join the crowd. Stop for a few minutes and ask God to bring you some joy and strength. I hesitate to say pray for patience because we all know how that one ends! 

: ) 

Father,
I ask that you bring some calm into our busy days today. Where there is impatience give us patience. Where there is sorrow bring us joy. And where there is weakness strengthen us. In Jesus name,
Amen

- Gina

0 comments: