Sunday, December 13, 2020

Joy - Advent - Day 15 - week 3

 Psalm 126:5-6

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

I know I have written about these verses before. As they came up in my time, I started thinking about the tears that I have shed in my life. There have been happy tears and sad tears. They include that "good" cry that none of you guys understand. I usually quote this passage as just verse 5. But verse 6 holds a very important key. He who goes out weeping... carrying seed to sow... will return with songs of joy... carrying sheaves with him. I can hear you saying "so what?" God sees our tears, great. But God is not answering me!
Think about what it means to go out with seed, and come back with sheaves (bundles of grain). There is some time passing here my friends. It is another good reminder to me that God works on a totally different time table. I wish I could tell you when God will turn your seed tears into a song harvest of joy. I cannot. I can only tell you this. God is ever watching and always present. One of these days you will return with sheaves of joy.

Father,
As we inch ever closer to Christmas, help us remember that your time... and our time... are different.
What may seem like a never-ending season, may be ending just around that next corner. When we read Your words, we see a lot of long term waiting people, who did find their joy one way or another. Help us to hold on to the promises that You have made us. Help us find Joy in that waiting.
Amen

-Gina

0 comments: