Sunday, November 18, 2012

Right Where I Belong

I've been thinking a lot this week about purpose.
I found entries in an old prayer journal where I asked God repeatedly to show me: where I belonged; where I was called; what my purpose was. Yes, I know that's a terrible sentence. I just didn't know what else to do with it. :O)

I think many of us who earnestly seek after God's will for our lives have wrestled with those same thoughts.

Am I at the right job/ministry?
Am I pursuing the right degree?
Am I dating the right person?
Should I move?
Should I write?
Should I go back to school?

My pastor this morning preached a great sermon that managed to hit me right where I am living as I work toward the "next thing" in my life.
He talked about the qualifications for leadership.
But it was a specific example and verse that really hit home for me.
He said that a lot of people want a ministry of their own when they are not willing to be faithful while working within someone else's ministry/mission.

Luke 16:10 
Whoever is faithful in very little is also faithful in much, and whoever is unrighteous in very little is also unrighteous in much.

Am I being faithful to what God has called me to do in this second? If I am not, how can I expect that He would intrust me with more?

Um, ouch.

So yes, I am still working towards and praying towards what comes next.
But I am also going to focus on not overlooking where I am right now and being faithful right where He places me.

-Learning
Gina

0 comments: