Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Setting the Goals

Thanks friend Eric for throwing down the gauntlet today. I appreciate the offer to have some anonymous accountability, but who am I kidding! Go big, go the whole way, or go home.
:O)

So tonight, after 4 hours of Biggest Loser, I decided to set my goals up here and ask y'all to ASK ME how I'm doing. That may stink but it's what I need people.  Oh ha! And that totally makes me want to hurl thinking that anyone might actually but please, please do!  (AAAAAH!)

So I am setting some weekly goals and my long term goals.  Here they are in black and white.  Then I gotta go to bed so I can get up and work out! 

Weekly Goals:
Exercise - at least 30 minutes at least 4 days a week.
Food - High protein, high veggies - balance, balance, balance - kill the sugar (I'll be fleshing out the specs on this but I needed to get a start down)
Food - Stay within my calorie range (tracked by my handy "Lose It" app on the iPhone)
Self - TV/PC off after 11 pm with the only exception being schoolwork (also AAAAH!)
Water - drink it, lots of it and every day - at least 125 oz per day

Overall Goals:
Lose 60 lbs by 12/31/10 (HOLY CRUD DID I JUST PUT A NUMBER DOWN???!!!)
Be back to my 20,000 steps a day each and every day by 12/31/10

Ok folks - it's there in black and white.   Must find a way to put these permanently in the sidebar. But must do that later!

My shoes and socks and handy DVD are ready to roll for tomorrow.
Let's do it!
(AARRR! - power yell)
-Ginabob

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! WTG!

Proud of you and believe in your successes to come.

Dani J. said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I know that support raising and weight-loss are totally different things, but setting goals and having accountability made all the difference in our support raising. You can do this!

Gina said...

Thanks Eric and Dani! :O)