Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's not what it looks like

I've thought a lot lately about being an "adult." It's funny, to be the age I am currently and still not feel like an adult. I sometimes think that someone is going to put two and two together and realize that I am still faking it! And I often wonder how old you are before that feeling goes away.
No, I'm not old. And many people around me remind me of that all the time. I guess it's a perspective thing. It's who you are measuring yourself against that sets that perspective. So I'm hoping that you really are only as old as you feel. And that means I am young. :)
So lately the other thing that I am thinking about is how weird it is that I am actually about to graduate. Again, at my age people in school are usually on their second masters or a PHD or something. But I am reviling in finally completing this thing. I gutted this dern thing out. I mean stretching a 4 year degree into... well more than 4 years... it's an accomplishment! I will be throwing one dilly of a graduation party at the end of this whole deal. I mean heck, I'm not having a wedding shower anytime soon and I sure as fire am not having a baby shower. So the only party left for the single girl is her first LONG awaited milestone.
So get ready friends and neighbors! Get ready to party like it's 1999 (which ironically should have been the year I actually graduated from college. Ha!
I'm jumping around a bit I realize. But I haven't posted in a while so I have some ground to cover. Lately my other thoughts have been about the useless knowledge that I hold on movies and TV. Seriously, when people come to you to find out lyrics of theme songs, you watch too much TV. I think I need to put that "talent" to some good use. But I have no idea what such a useless talent could possibly be good for! Really I think my TV/Movie knowledge is stored in its own section of my brain. It doesn't seem to be taking anything away from the space needed to learn about the mechanics of psychology. So I think it must be safely tucked away in some region of memory that was designed especially. I think it is the "Cliff Clavin" area of the brain.
Ok that is enough piddling for one night.
Happy Monday everyone.
GB

0 comments: