Thursday, June 26, 2014

Perspective - Since everyone is doing it.

I have this app on my phone that gives me snippets from my life a year at a time.
Tonight's snippet was from three years ago. And y'all it completely has me melting into tears.

" Local Peeps - I could use a grocery runner today or tomorrow. Staple run, shouldn't be too bad. Anyone up for it? :o)"

Just that quickly I'm transported back to the days, months, and year that I couldn't even go to the grocery store for myself. Many of you were the responders to those calls. I will never be able to tell you how much it still means to me. I still remember, vividly, every trip. I remember every person who came to the house to do laundry, clean my kitchen, clean my bathroom, or buy and put up groceries.
You kept me going that year when you checked in on me, called me, and just dropped by.
You are my people. And you were my lifeline.
No words can ever be enough.

Two years ago - June 12th - I had the surgery that changed my life forever. The next few months were a roller coaster.  And if you weren't with me back then just think - 3 major surgeries in 3 months. Countless ER visits. One major hospital stay - just a month before I walked down the aisle to say "I Do."

I think back over that year a lot these days because of how different things are.

These incredible days are a gift that I never though I would see back then... when this was my life every day:






Sometimes I still need to look back and remember her. I need to remember how much life has changed. I can walk up stairs. I can grocery shop! And last weekend I drove hours by myself to SIT for hours and listen without pain.  It's beyond incredible. It's miraculous.

So, when I start to doubt that God can do anything. I just need to remember the healing hand that got me to this place. Mobile. Married. Happy.
Life really is good no matter what does or does not come next.  :)

-Gina

0 comments: