Monday, November 30, 2020

Hope - Advent Day 2 - Week 1

Lamentations 3:25-33

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.Let him sit alone in silence, for the Lord has laid it on him. Let him bury his face in the dust- there may yet be hope. Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him, and let him be filled with disgrace.For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

I love Lamentations 3. I always quote verses 22-24 to people who are going through rough times. But I am realizing that sometimes the next series of verses speak more to what I am going through. Waiting is NEVER fun but sometimes it is very necessary. Waiting in a distinct silence from God is twice as difficult. We must all remember that no season in our life will last forever good or bad. That's the way it is with seasons... they come and go. 

That's two days in a row that I am reminding that life is all about seasons... I may have a point that I am driving home to myself. The thing about seasons is, at the beginning and middle and sometimes even at the end, you are not aware how long this season lasts? "2020 as a stink year" may start to ease up tomorrow.  But it may end sometime in 2021. One thing I am confident in is that it is just a season. My hope is not in politicians, or vaccines. It's not in my family, friends or work. It is only in the One who does know the beginnings, middles, and ends of all seasons.

Day 2 Prayer

Father,
Even as many of  us sit in the silence of the unknown tonight, may we be reminded that you sit with us. You have not left us destitute and alone. You have not shown us the end of this season, but you know it. Our days are fully in Your hands. Help us rest secure in knowing that you are holding us here in this season and into the next.
Amen,

 Press on my friends. The Lord IS with you even in the silence of this season.

-Gina

0 comments: