Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter 2020

As I reflect on the day... different in almost every way from any Easter to come before it.... I’m reminded that this Easter is much like the first Easter.
There is a lot of uncertainty. There is certainly no lack of fighting. There is fear. There is betrayal and hurt.
There is death. There is the sting of it that begins at first brush to overwhelm.
But as Easter passes to Monday morning I am left with this hope and promise.
After every night there is a dawn.
After every storm there is a breaking of clouds that yields to the sun.
After even the darkest times in our lives... hope will break through as well.
If Easter speaks to anything it is that death, fear, and pain have lost their final sting!
Honestly? I cannot see it right now. I’m worn through from these fights!!
But, If my Heavenly Father and my Earthly Father gave me one massive gift, it was optimism.

See that little glimmer of light breaking through ahead of us?
It’s the morning.
It’s almost here.
Do not fear to hope.
Run to the light. Run ahead and see. It is finished. And it is good.

-love to you all - Gina

0 comments: