Monday, April 01, 2013

Sounds Like a Case of the Mondays

Ok, so every two weeks blogging is better than once a month.
Right?
Good. Thanks for affirming my life choices.  :)
After much deliberation, I have decided to boycott Mondays.
Mondays.
Who needs em?

Now that that is out of the way let's get onto our topic at hand.

I don't actually have one.
That is all.

Just kidding (or April Fools if you like).

Right now life is super busy. I realize that it is only going to get busier from here.
Lately I seem to spend a lot of time remembering this time last year when I could barely get out of the house. I was knee-deep in wedding planning and having to rely on everyone else to get anything done.

I am so very thankful that God brought me through that season. I am also thankful for the many, many people who were the hands and feet of Jesus to me through those years.
I will never forget what I learned during those times of being completely dependent for some of the simplest things.

I think that is why my mindset, even after a crap-tastic Monday like today, is to be thankful.
I am thankful to have a job to go to.
I am thankful to have a husband to come home to.
I am thankful that even the overwhelming things will one day have an end.

No matter what situation you are in, things will change.
Great lives will go through tough times.
Those of you in tough times can cling to the promise that things will get better (I can't say when... but I can say "will").

So much of life is learning how to be joyful where you are.  Notice, I did not say happy. Happy comes and goes.
Joy is so much deeper.
I have found the secret. As great as things are right now, they are not perfect. There are some things happening right now that I would just like to move on past. But I don't have that choice.
I do have the choice to continue to walk through.
I have the choice to remember that God is faithful.
He is.
I trust that all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
So Monday -  (insert that raspberry sound that you make with your mouth and tongue here).
Take that!
:O)
-Gina

0 comments: