Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ministry of the Brokenhearted

Brokenhearted.
Even the word sounds painful. I am surrounded in this season of life once again by happy nearly/newly weds and pregnant friends. I’m honestly and deeply thrilled for all of these women in my life. I can say that I have rejoiced with them in their rejoicing. Tonight after sitting next to another glowing pregnant lady, I barely made it to my car before loosing it in tears. The only word that is appropriate for this feeling is grief. It seems unexplainable, selfish, and somehow wrong to react like this.
It’s also completely out of my control. So what’s a girl to do in times like this? What do you do when you are surrounded by happiness and seem stuck in pain?
To me I am coming back to two questions. Do I believe that God is faithful? Do I believe in His promises?
Yes I do.
In all of this one verse keeps coming back to me. It is out of context of this post. But it fits so well.

1 Thessalonians 4:13b
so that you will not grieve like the rest, who have no hope.

It’s ok to hurt, it’s what we do with the pain that is the key. As a Christian I don’t grieve anything like those who have no hope.

The one who promised these things to me is Faithful and True. That is in His very nature.
He can be trusted and He will keep those promises.

0 comments: