Monday, December 21, 2020

LOVE - Advent Day 23 - Week 4

Psalm 6:2-4

Be merciful to me, LORD , for I am faint; O LORD , heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD , how long? Turn, O LORD , and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Once again I feel like I am playing a little bit on the expected subject matter. But it seems to fit really well with what I needed to hear going into 2021. If I do, I'm guessing maybe at least one other does as well.

Alrighty. We're going full speed towards a new year here folks. I see a lot of people ready to let their hair down like the calendar changing is a magic solution. Guess what friends? The problems of Dec. 31, 2020 are riding shotgun with you into 2021.
I guess there is no expiration date that we can see on our troubles, but there is an end. The Psalmist hits something here that I tend to keep coming back to with God. How long, O Lord, How long? When God? When does this finish? Sometimes I feel ungrateful, even hateful just asking the question.

So why am I all bubble-busting tonight? Because of another lesson I'm re-learning. God can handle my questions. Why else would he have put all these instances in the Bible of Godly Christians questioning his timing and methods? They are there to take us from question to answers. Like Job and David there will be an end to our trouble. Like Job and David only God knows what it is and when it will be here. So like them feel free to question. But know that God is still working. God is still in control. God has not forgotten you. He will not forget you. He will someday deliver you because of His unfailing love.

And that was exactly what I needed as we wrap all this mess up.  <3

Father,
Because of your love, we are not consumed. But as we learned last week, sometimes your deliverance and ours don't quite look the same. Help us to take comfort that whatever happens as we roll over to 2021, You are there before us. Please take away the crippling fear cloud that so many are living under right now. Every day we have is numbered by You. We live not one without your grace and mercy.
Help my friend reading this to be comforted by that same thought.
- Amen

-Gina

0 comments: